Glass screens Venlo
At the ‘Koninginneplein’, an important traffic junction in Venlo, Jan Kuipers Nunspeet installed striking glass screens. The screens shield the tunnel from the square. The glass panels are decorated with various images that, together, display the history of Venlo and are illuminated by LED-lightning. The print screen techniques and varying lightning intensity bring the history of the city to life in a wonderful way. The design is by Royal Haskoning Architects.
- Total length 680 m, constructed with elements of app. 400 x 90 en 200 x 90 cm.
- Elements constructed from sheet steel railings connected with steel cylinder profiles.
- Hot-dip galvanized, NEN-EN-ISO 1461, and finished with a dual coat of powder coating.
- Panels of layered safety glass, app. 180 x 75 cm, with dark screen print. Illuminated by LED-lightning, integrated in cylinder profiles.
- Power and control for LED-lightning invisibly concealed in railing.