Bus station Wageningen
This durable glazed bus shelter, which was constructed for the new bus station at Stadsbrink, was achieved for the city of Wageningen in the Netherlands.
The shelter covering, which is 63 metres long and 10 metres wide, is constructed with a steel gutter that is fitted with steel trusses with aluminium fixing frames and plastic glazing. The rainwater drainage system is discreetly concealed within the concrete columns. The glazing construction was manufactured, preserved, delivered and installed on site by Jan Kuipers Nunspeet. The design is by Buys and van der Vliet, landscape architecture and urban development.
- Dimensions approx. 63 x 10 x 8 m (l x w x h).
- Steel gutter, hot-dip galvanised, NEN-EN-ISO 1461.
- Steel trusses, grit blasted.
- Gutter and trusses finished using a three-coat paint system.
- Powder coated aluminium clamp profiles for the glazing.
- Glazing made of crystal clear acrylate, 12 mm. thick.
- Foundation: Concrete columns.