Space for Bicycles
The bicycle plays a vital part as a mode of transport both to and from train stations. In collaboration, the Dutch Railways and ProRail wanted to provide both comfortable and pleasant bicycle parking accommodations for their customers. With the project ‘Space for Bicycles’ they were able to achieve this, by offering attractive facilities for the storage of a large number of bicycles located within the train station surroundings.
Throughout in the Netherlands
With the project ‘Space for Bicycles’, Jan Kuipers Nunspeet has provided bicycle parking locations throughout the Netherlands. The shelters, bicycle racks and bicycle lockers are all of durable quality. The accommodations meet all requirements for unguarded bicycle parking facilities.
The design is by Kooymans industrieel | ontwerp (Kooymans industrial | design).
- Modular design, length per bay 310 cm.
- Single-sided: Each bay is suitable for 8 bicycles, centre to centre 37.5 cm., or 4 lockers.
- Double-sided: Each bay is suitable for 16 bicycles, centre to centre 37.5 cm., or 8 lockers.
- The covering is manufactured from:
Steel columns with integrated rainwater drainage.
Gutter made of Sendzimir zinc-plated sheet steel.
Steel pulling rods.
Aluminium roof edge with integrated illumination.
Curved safety glass panels, 8 mm. thick, mounted with stainless steel glass clamps and connected together with rubber profiles.
- Hot-dip galvanised columns and pulling rods, NEN-EN-ISO1461, and finished with a dual coat of graffiti-resistant powder coating.
- Gutters, props and roof edge fitted with graffiti-resistant powder coating.
- Foundation: Prefab concrete blocks.
Bicycle parking system
- Positioning of bikes high and low, centre to centre 37.5 cm.
- Steel bicycle racks positioned on a crossbeam of steel box sections, mounted between the columns of the shelter.
- In order to prevent theft, the bicycles can be secured with any type of cable, bracket or chain lock to the security bracket.
- Hot-dip galvanised, NEN-EN-ISO 1461 and powder coated.
- Lockers positioned on a crossbeam of steel box sections, mounted between the columns of the shelter.
- Doors and roofs made of stamped steel sheet, 1.5 mm. thick, treated with cataphoresis primer and a dual coat of graffiti-resistant powder coating.
- Doors fitted with a cylinder lock with three-point closure.
- Exterior walls of cold-worked steel sheet, 1.5 mm. thick, treated with cataphoresis primer and graffiti-resistant powder coating.
- Inside walls made of steel wire mesh, hot-dip galvanised, NEN-EN-ISO 1461.
- Lockers are fitted with stainless steel wheel gutters and clamps.