Entrance of bicycle shelter in Zoetermeer
In Zoetermeer, at the Randstad Rail stop “Centrum West”, Jan Kuipers Nunspeet constructed an entrance for the underground bicycle shelter. The entrance is comprised of a floating glass roof with integrated seating. Thousands of wooden parts in different shapes and sizes are used to create a stunning finish. The design is by ipv Delft, ingenieursbureau voor productvormgeving b.v. (engineering agency for product design).
- Dimensions of the covering approx. 11.5 x 6 x 3.2 m (l x w x h), waiting facilities approx. 15.5 x 4.5 m (l x w).
- Steel columns with integrated rainwater drainage.
- Constructive gutter made of cold-worked steel sheet with integrated lighting.
- Steel props.
- Hot-dip galvanised, NEN-EN-ISO 1461 and powder coated.
- Clear layered glass mounted with aluminium clamping frames.
- Wooden parts made of Siberian larch, hidden mounting on zinc-plated steel subframes.
- Wood treated with an oil-based coating.